Saturday, July 12, 2008

Technical difficulties

I've been neglecting my blog lately, due to various reasons. First of all, my laptop, after its latest windows update, decided it doesn't want to use the internet anymore. It's connected just fine (directly to the router, and it says so in my computer's settings), all the other computers work (I'm on my mom's comp right now), but none of my programs that use the internet are working. Nobody can figure out what's wrong... I might be in the market for a new laptop.

So I can check up on etsy and things, but I can't upload photos to list or put on my blog (nobody else has photoshop or any other programs for me to adjust/crop photos). Which is ok for now, since I'm making lots of items for my next craft show, and for the pet store, but pretty soon I'll need a working laptop again.

Otherwise life is good, spending my time sewing and taking care of all the animals. I'll check in if anything exciting happens.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That sucks! Hope you get back on track soon! Try not to sew your head!

UniqueNurseGranny said...

Sorry.What a time.Hope you do not have to buy a new one unless you can swing it.

UniqueNurseGranny said...

Sorry.What a time.Hope you do not have to buy a new one unless you can swing it.

Anonymous said...

If your laptop still work, if it connect to the network but not the internet, it's a software problem, not a hardware one. I would be a waste of money (unless you were just looking for a reason to buy one).

If you are running windows vista on your laptop, I've read that zoneAlarm (a firewall) blocked Internet.

I'd suggest you to
1. shut down most program
2. try to get a new ip (open the command prompt and write "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew")
3. If all else fails, if you didn't deactivated it, you can load a system safepoint...

Weird Bug Lady said...

Hm, I don't have vista... haven't tried the ip thing, but I don't have my system safepoints set up, so I can't use that. THanks for the tips.

And I am kind of wanting a new laptop too, because I'm worried about this one giving me more problems, I've heard lots of crap about it actually.

Lisa Abdul-Quddus said...

Doesn't that just work your nerves? Hope you get it all worked out soon.