Friday, July 9, 2010

A new addition

I'm on my way to the pet store to pick up some small crickets... if this jumping spider (Phidippus audax) eats well, she'll get a nice cage and be my pet for a while.

She was captured by my neighbors - I haven't seen a jumping spider this large since I was about 10 years old! Most definitely a female, and I can already tell she is full of personality.
How can anyone resist that face?
They tend to live for only about 5 months, and as she is already quite large, I'm not sure how much longer she has to live. She will be a fun addition for a little while at least.

1 comment:

golf stayz said...

Your article is extremely impressive. I never considered that it was feasible to
accomplish something like that until after I looked over your post .
Gold Coast golf
Gold Coast golf holidays
Sunshine Coast golf
Sunshine Coast golf holidays
Group golf holidays
Australian golfing holidays
Discount golf
Golf trips