Monday, September 15, 2008

I love custom orders!

I think it's so fabulous when people ask me to create things I otherwise wouldn't think to make, or things that I've been planning but just haven't gotten around to yet.

I recently created a praying mantis for TotusMel on etsy, and let me tell you it'll be tough to part with my favorite insect!It's so soft and cuddly and cute and *squeals*

I think I'll have to make one for myself... however, since I don't use any patterns and just made it up as I went along, it won't be the same. Perhaps I'll make myself a smaller one. Actually, what I REALLY want to make is an ambush bug. That one will be for me and only me, hehe.

Oh, and I went through my sold items on Etsy (wow, up to 90!) and it turns out that about 28% of the items were custom orders! And many of the orders were for multiple creatures, which I didn't take into account.

Thanks so much to everyone who comes to me with their ideas, I love being able to make them a reality. As the college year is underway I'm busy with classes but still taking more custom orders. You can contact me on Etsy, or by email: buggirl4ever (at) gmail.com

Now to move onto the rest of my growing pile of orders, including leopard geckos and a shark. Woo!

***EDIT***
Thanks so much to Michelle Kempner of the Craft Zine blog for featuring my mantis!

8 comments:

Cindy said...

That is absolutely the cutest plush mantid I've ever seen! It blows my old "Folkmanis" puppet thing right out of the water! I love the face.

kim* said...

super cool

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I want one!!

heather (errantdreams) said...

What a fantastic mantis!!! It's great that you do such wonderful things with custom orders!

CREATEaTHOUGHT said...

Ok that is officially etsy cool, I am not a bug person but if I was I would need that!

Amanda said...

That praying mantis is so cool!!!

Alicia @ Oh2122 said...

I have a deep seated fear of bugs - think screaming and breathing in to a paper bag - but I totally want my 18 month old son to have one of these! It is so cool, and the workmanship is stunning.

I can't wait to check out your shop!

Ansley Bleu said...

Ooh, FANTASTIC!