Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sneak preview

I've been sooooooo busy getting my business in order (DBA, sales tax, all that fun stuff) and getting ready for my craft show next weekend! It'll be held at a local shop called Lakeside Farms, more info on their website.

So today I practiced setting up my tables with the stuff I have so far, and setting up my brand new tent. Only $82 at Walmart, woohoo! All went well putting it up and taking it down, here's to hoping it lasts through the summer (I've heard so many horror stories about craft show tent disasters). I also practiced hanging up my new banner. All the letters are hand sewn! Part of my table setup:I've been making a lot of bee themed items to sell, and I'll be donating 25% of the sales of those items to the making of the documentary Vanishing of the Bees. There was an article on the front page of my local newspaper this morning about how 30% of the bees of New York state have disappeared, and that doesn't bode well for our apples. I have some bee pins currently for sale in my shop.

3 comments:

CSD Faux Finishing said...

You are so organized I never would have thought to practice the set up & take down before going to the fair! The set up is looking great! You will be so well prepared for it :)

Tizzalicious said...

Your table looks great! And I love your bees!

Samantha G said...

I practiced setting up my tent lots and lots before my first show too.
If you ever have to set it up the night before, or there is rain in the forecast- here's a tip I got from another crafter to avoid rain pooling up on the 4 sides of the roof and weighing so much that it bends the tent into a useless mess: Hula Hoops! I bought 4 hula hoops and wedged one into each corner to keep the fabric from having a place to start sagging. Good luck and here's to hoping your tent lasts as long as possible!! :)