Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Custom Order Info

After a lot of prodding, I decided to write up my policies on custom orders for my deviantART site, and I figured I'd post them here too. If you'd like to contact me about a custom order, email me at buggirl4ever(at)gmail.com or send me a convo at my Etsy shop

****************************************
My prices depend on the size and complexity of the species in question. Therefore it can be quite difficult to give general price ranges.

However, these are my general minimum prices:
Small (6" to 9"): $35
Medium (10" to 15"): $50
Large (16"+): $80

The prices go up from there depending on how many body parts and details there are, especially if it requires a lot of hand sewing. However there is also some flexibility, like if you just want a big long worm, it'll be less than $80.

I take requests for most types of animals, but please, no mammals! Unless they're really quite fascinatingly strange. I do NOT do puppies, kittens, bunnies, etc.

Fair game are insects, arachnids, other invertebrates, reptiles, amphibians, fish, aquatic invertebrates, and extinct creatures.

***How it works***
I prefer to sell through my shop on Etsy.com
It's very easy to sign up (you just need an email address), and the checkout system takes you to payment through paypal. If you absolutely don't want to use Etsy, I can send paypal email requests.

I ONLY ACCEPT PAYPAL AS PAYMENT. For custom orders I require half payment up front, and the rest upon completion. However for orders under $50 only one payment is necessary, either before or after completion.

Shipping may either be from Canada (where I am at college) or from the US (if I have a chance to visit home and bring your order with me). I will be sure to let you know which shipping methods are available, as shipping from Canada costs more.

New York State residents! There is sales tax! It depends on your county, so if you place an order please alert me if you're in NY and give me your address so I can calculate sales tax.
****************************************


There you have it - I can't wait for some more challenges :)

No comments: