Sunday, July 19, 2009

What I've been working on

Been getting back into the sewing groove, just in time for some custom orders.

This was made for a good friend of mine back at school, it's her pet great plains toad. Though of course a lot bigger than the real thing. As usual the shapes were complete guesswork, a real challenge and for a while I was worried it wouldn't work out. Luckily my spatial skills pulled me through and yes, indeed, it looks like a toad. Another order - a trilobite and anomalocaris. Love these! Makes you wonder if they were this colorful in real life?
I have a great watch tan, don't I?

Alright and finally something new in the shop... figured I should make a trilobite available to the masses.
The body plan was simple enough, I'm thinking about making more of these in other colors. And my tardigrade finally sold, so I'll have to make more of those as well! So many things to sew, so little time.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I want that trilobite so badly! I just emptied out my paypal account so hopefully I'll make a couple sales soon so I can order it.

Glendon Mellow said...

Yay! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Anomalocaris? AWESOME. I have a few custom Burgess Shale plush toys myself - it's both comforting and a little sad to know I'm not alone!

ray meds said...

Beautiful and cute, amazing work.

www.santa-cruz-3d.com said...

Well, I do not actually imagine it is likely to have effect.