Saturday, January 16, 2010

I'm back!

Hello again everyone! After putting aside my shop and most of the internet due to schoolwork and grad school applications, I'm back to sewing and juggling my time once again. Busy schedule, working on lots of school projects, but I shall try to make time for my business and a bit of fun.

I've already got a jump start on custom orders, so if you have something in mind, feel free to contact me! weirdbuglady@gmail.com or send a convo through etsy www.weirdbuglady.com

Custom order guidelines:
My prices depend on the size and complexity of the species in question. Therefore it can be quite difficult to give general price ranges.

However, these are my general minimum prices:
Small (6" to 9"): $35
Medium (10" to 15"): $50

Large (16"+): $80


The prices go up from there depending on how many body parts and details there are, especially if it requires a lot of hand sewing. However there is also some flexibility, like if you just want a big long worm, it'll be less than $80.

I take requests for most types of animals, including insects, arachnids, other invertebrates, reptiles, amphibians, fish, aquatic invertebrates, and extinct creatures. I generally don't do mammals or birds unless they're really quite fascinatingly strange. I do NOT do make believe creatures or puppies, kittens, bunnies, etc.

For quotes or more details please contact me.

***************How it works******************
I prefer to sell through my shop on Etsy.com
It's very easy to sign up (you just need an email address)
For etsy custom orders you MUST USE THE CUSTOM/ALCHEMY FEATURE. This way Etsy gets the appropriate fees. You can click the "Request Custom Item" on my etsy page to fill out details.

If you absolutely don't want to use Etsy, I can send paypal email requests.

I ONLY ACCEPT PAYPAL AS PAYMENT. For custom orders I require either: full payment up front, or: half payment up front, and the rest upon completion.

*****Shipping and taxes******
Shipping may either be from Canada (where I am at college) or from the US (if I have a chance to visit home and bring your order with me). I will be sure to let you know which shipping methods are available, as shipping from Canada costs more.

New York State residents: There is sales tax. It depends on your county, so if you place an order please alert me if you're in NY and give me your address so I can calculate sales tax.

There are NO REFUNDS OR RETURNS on custom orders. I work diligently to keep up communication, and I always post photos before the creature is sent, so any objections may be worked out. So far this has not been an issue.

*******************************************************

I also have some grand plans for my shop... including bringing more focus to my work. I'll post updates on how my series/collections of themed plushies progress.